Monday, March 23, 2015

WEEK 44

Hello all! Its been a couple weeks. Things are going well here. My new comp (ok not so new, we're halfway through the transfer-eek!) is from El Salvador, her name is Hermana Hererra and she's really funny. We share a similar sense of humor so every day is really fun. She has a great energy about her, super pumped about missionary work, and its infectious. Its really cool when a new companion comes to the area because they bring new ideas. Like sometimes I get stuck thinking 'ah, this person will never show up' but she doesn't have words like 'no' or 'never' in her vocab, so we work with everyone and what do you know...the people respond!!

My comp has also taught me a lot about communication. We've had some great Family Home Evenings and seen that a lot of families struggle with communication. Sometimes its hard to express how we feel, or to feel understood, even by our loved ones. I  have seen how when we have the Spirit in our house how it becomes a 'part of heaven, where we want to be'. Its so amazing the changes the gospel can make in our life.

There's still not a lot of investigators progressing, Iv'e never experienced this so much on my mission until now. Hna Hererra is so energized about getting referrals and contacting them, we've literally been hitting the pavement searching far and wide for people that are prepared for the message.

The other day we walked SO much. I can honestly say it was the first time my feet just killed me on the mission. Every part of my body was sore. I was thinking about the pioneers and how brave and strong they were for all their sacrifices. Its sometimes hard when we cant see right away the results of what were doing, but i know were planting the seeds and being obedient, and that our labors aren't in vain.

"The volcano. The weather right now is really hot with the occasional dark clouds that don't give any rain :("
One thing I have seen so much on the mission is the power of the priesthood. Its something i didnt necesarily understand or appreciate too extensively before the mission, but now i really can. My comp and i have both been sick this week, im not sure why every day one of us wakes up with something new, headache, sore throat, swollen tonsils, evreything. the zone leaders have given us blessings and it was such a spiritual experience. I think its amazing how men on the earth who live worthy can have the priesthood power, the same power that Christ used to raise Lazarus from the dead. It is so real and so important. Men use the priesthood to act in Gods name, what he would do or say if He could be here with us. That is just unbelievable.

I am so happy to be on the mission. Its a lot of work but im learning so much every day. i love the experiences i have here. This week we were reading a sign outside of a business and the owner walked up to me and said HERMNA BEST! haha sometimes on the mission you forget you have a nametag on. I told him thats me! We started talkng about religion and he told us about his life, he was really funny. We invited him to church and he said how does he need to dress? We told him however he comes is ok, and he asked if he could wear a swimsuit hahahaha. I was dying.

Feeding a stray
Anyway, Im really enjoying every day here because its flying by so fast. I have seen peoples hearts be softened by the gospel. I have seen the ATonement change the lives of people who used to doubt , or even be against the church. Thank you for all of your prayers and support! Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment