Monday, August 17, 2015

WEEK 65

OH NO!!!!!! OUR AREA IS GETTING WHITE WASHED!!!! I did not see that coming. Ok, I thought about it for one second but then dismissed the thought. That's right- we got the call last night and my comp and I are BOTH leaving the area. :( Im sad because we have a baptism programmed for THIS SATURDAY! But that's ok. Her name is Concepcion and she is so prepared! She already paid for her spot to go to the open house of the temple in mexico city this Friday!!! Ah she's so great!!! If i stay close to the area theres a chance i could go to her baptism, but if not, I know that it will be great and she is going to be a wonderful member!!!! I will miss her!!!!!!!

I have seen SO MANY MIRACLES in our area in these last three months!!! We have been blessed with members that are always willing to help, leaders with just the right counsel, and investigators that complete with their commitments!!! The people here are so prepared!!! Not to mention being with my long lost sister, Hermana Jimenez has been so fun. We truly helped one another to be better missionaries.

"Us with Lulu and German, recent converts that always help us! Lulu always accompanies us to the lessons! They had us over for pancakes this morning since my comp and I are leaving :( We laughed until the point of tears. I will miss these people!!!"
"This is an AWESOME member named Samuel!!! He served in Campeche where my comp is from and he LOVES the culture of the U.S.A. so he says we're the best combination of cultures you could ask for, and we bring him a lot of 'nostalgia.' He always encourages us or brings us a treat or something random to make us smile!!! I will miss the AWESOME members in BARRIO XILOTZINGO!"
This past Saturday we had a Noche Blanca (white night?) of baptisms. That was really cool to see again in my mission! (also had one in atlixco). I got to play violin again, and all us missionaries sang. There are two new members in the ward, and many new members in the whole stake! the new sister missionaries that come to our area tomorrow can do a lot of 'reaping' , the field is ready to harvest in Xilotzingo!!!

"NOCHE BLANCA in VALSEQUILLO!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!"
I am so blessed to be happy and healthy and well in the mission. I am learning so much in my personal studies , and it helps me to be a better teacher. its so fun teaching the gospel every day. The right words just flow out of my mouth and sometimes its just so odd that its all happening in SPANISH.

"Week of photos I guess!!! This was after a great Zone Conference (our leaders brought us Krispy Kreme donuts- we were pretty happy)"
I know the ins and outs of missionary work and its great to apply everything ive learned every day. Ive seen how the Lord is preparing many people for the message of the gospel and also softening their hearts, thats something I saw a lot these last 3 months. I testify that this is the true church and that our Heavenly Father loves us so much!!! I hope you all have a great week :)

Hermana Best

"Everyday its a complete coin toss if its going to rain or not. We went weeks without rain so we stopped bringing umbrellas and jackets (it's a real back killer lugging everything around all day just for it to not rain) and lately people have had some pity on us. We had one investigator that BOUGHT us shnazy umbrellas just because one night we didn't have them. These classy capes are the courtesy of another investigator. As if we don't stand out enough as 2 foreigners in skirts and name tags constantly walking around, just add this Green Cape (and water!) and its a total classic."

No comments:

Post a Comment