Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WEEK 66

OK OK OK so lots of surprises here!!! My comp and I had no idea that they were going to COMBINE our old area, so all the notes we left for the 'new sisters' that were going to 'live in our house' are for nothing, the elders are going to live where they have always lived but work with the people in our area. As less and less missionaries come to our mission our areas are going to get bigger!!!! So that was surprising. Also, after lots of teasing each other that my comp was going to to go my old stomping grounds of Atlixco, and her telling me i was going to go to her old stomping grounds of Nealtican, and both of us saying 'NO I AM NOT' (me not wanting to go here ONLY because it is notorious for filling missionaries with heaps and heaps of food to the point of wanting to cry)....we got sent to those exact zones hahaha!!!


"We didn't think we'd both get transferred and on Monday NO ONE WAS HOME so we had to literally RUN (literally) from house to house of our investigators/members/converts Tuesday, the day we left, to tell them that we were leaving!!! I didn't even put makeup on. BUT I'm so glad I got to see Concepcion one last time."
After Lauren typed up her email and sent the picture of Concepcion above, she received an update on Concepcion and sent the following photos with an explanation for each: "OK IT MADE ME OVER THE MOON HAPPY TO GET THIS EMAIL FROM A MEMBER IN VALSEQUILLO OF CONCEPCION!!! SHE LOOKS SO HAPPY!!! SHE GOT BAPTIZED!!! :D I COULDN'T GO BECAUSE IT WAS TOO LATE AND I'M TOO FAR AWAY BUT I LOVE HER!"

"IT SAYS THAT CONCEPCION'S HUSBAND'S HEART WAS SOFTENED AND HE WENT TO CHURCH ALL 3 HOURS AND WANTS TO LISTEN TO THE ELDERS!!! THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN WHILE WE WERE THERE!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR HER!!! Here's (another) pic of us saying goodbye to her the morning we had to go!!!"

"Saying goodbye to Luis. The investigator that has made the most drastic change in my whole mission, I would say. Gonna miss him and his wife, Lupita."
A couple photos from Transfer meeting. "Our fearless leader, Elder Penaloza finished his mission!"
"Saying goodbye to the familia Guagnelli :( A family that always took care of us. I'll miss being around their big table with everyone, eating, joking around, and reading the Book of Mormon together."

So I am in Nealtican.
Ho.
ly.
cow. It is gorgeous. we are LITERALLY right by the volcano, people!!!! Even closer than I was in Atlixco!!!!! I try not to be a crazy picture lady taking the same picture every day of the volcano but I just cant help it!!!

The volcano! Name: Popocatpetl (normal name)
My new comp is Hermana Rivera, shes my second comp from El Salvador. She has done the impossible for me....for all those who know me please get ready for a shock. She has gotten me to GO OUTSIDE TO GO RUNNING AT 6:30 IN THE MORNING. Yep, go back and read the sentence if you need to. After 15 months of politely telling my comps 'No thank you , we will not be doing that :) ,' I said WHAT THE HECK my poor old mission body could use it. OK IT IS SO EXHILERATING!!! The air feels so fresh and I can see the volcano puffing smoke out... people are going in their horse drawn carts (no lie) to work (in the fields) and at one point we have to slow down our run to let a donkey pass or so that the dogs don't come up and bite us. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

Two volcanoes! And a new companion, Hermana Rivera!
Volcanoes at 6:30 in the morning! 

NEW COMPANION! Hermana Rivera
TO GET TO OUR APPOINTMENTS WE HAVE TO WALK THROUGH CORNFIELDS. I did not expect to get sent to a pueblito (little town?) I've been in the city more or less for my whole mission. I thank my Heavenly Father for this chance to be here and experience the beauty! and the PEOPLE!!! They're so sweet! The other night 20 little old ladies and little old men were all dancing in the town square in their traditional clothes and braided hair...the images here are priceless! 

We have 2 investigators with baptismal dates and lots of referrals to find new people. There are tonnnns of members here. As we walk in the streets my comp will tell me 'She's a member. He's a member. They're members,' so lots of less actives to work with. Oh and get this my companion and I cover not one, but TWO WARDS. Names of the wards:
Xaltepetl
and Santiago Xalitzintla.
Super easy to learn those names and not get them confused...NOT. But I'm working on it!!!! :D

I'm just working on getting to know everyone and where they live, all the usual details of being new in an area. I replaced an american that has some similar features so its pretty hilarious when halfway through a conversation someone randomly starts staring at my name tag and saying 'Wait...why aren't you Hermana Smith?' hahah .

Love you all so much!!! Your emails inspire me and lift me up!!! I know I am doing the Lords work here, he is guiding me and helping me in every minute!!!!! Love you!

Hermana Best

No comments:

Post a Comment