Monday, December 29, 2014

WEEK 32

Greetings from Atlixco! Pronounced At-lees-ko. The last two p-days have been CRAZY with no time to write a group update but Im here!!!!  Dang, it was hard to leave my companera Hermana Cardus!!!! I never thought Id have a best friend from Argentina. But its time for new adventures!!!! Atlixco is known for having an UNBELIEVABLY beautiful climate- and its true! IT basically looks and feels like California here. When I got here I was super distracted. You have to keep in mind that my old area was just 3 neighborhoods. Its like always dreaming of the U.S. then getting there and going straight to Provo and walking around 3 neighborhoods there for 6 months hahaha what made it special was the PEOPLE! I miss them and hope they{re doing well.

"A cool old chapel here"

My companera is Hermana Hernandez- my first companion thats older than me! She{s 24 and a convert of 5 years. She is from Northern Mexico, also weirdly enough my first companion from Meh-hee-ko. Shes not as fascinated by all the Mexican things that amuse me every day. I still laugh when the people shout out what theyre selling or wave what theyre selling in my face saying 'look white girl look!' hahah its totally normal to her. When I first got here I was so distracted. You{ve got the cool old historic stuff in the background
"A rare, relaxing moment on Monday in a member's cool garden writing letters with a cat asleep in my lap (i was in heaven!)"
And then the cool downtown ish part with people selling a million things. Also the center of town looks like disneyland. Seriously the first week here I was just looking around at all the million distractions and then Id have to realize to come back down to earth haha.

Well, supposedly this area is 'difficult'. Its definitely not my last area. BUT it all depends on our attitude. Since I got here 3 weeks ago weve actually found a bunch of new people to teach! we had a lesson on xmas eve!!! Things are not so bad people! (not sure why I feel like shouting happily in my email today) Here, december 24 is more of the thing to celebrate, normally they have a big ol feast starting at like 9 pm. Christmas here isn{t a tranquil time with your family. Its a big FIESTA.  well missionaries cant be ouT feasting at night haha but our president gave us permission to stay out a teensy bit later than normal (whoa its gettin wild here haha) and I really enjoyed the family we got to spend it with, they just got baptized a few weeks ago. If youre wondering what we ate, it was indeed TACOS haha.

Yes, I got to Skype with my family for Xmas. It was wonderful!!!!! It was strange to see everyone and talk to them!!! can{t believe its been over 7 months. I want my family to see all the amazing stuff here! THe food is even BETTER in this area! Thank you for all your emails and christmas wishes. My mom sent me a package with a ton of awesome stuff and I was a little saddened by how excited I got at bug spray. Its the little things on the mish haha!!! Love you all! Keep those emails comin.

No comments:

Post a Comment