Monday, September 28, 2015

WEEK 71

Whew!!! I have time for a super quick update this week!!!! Several things happened this week...I lost my wallet with a bunch of really important stuff in it, a member found it later on the side of the road, it was a complete miracle that they found it, and no one took anything! I felt really grateful. 


"It's been raining a ton here!"

"A member showing up in the exact moment we are getting drenched!"
Dulce (investigator) got married. It was the event of the year pretty much the whole town went. Never seen anything like that in my life. 

But the best part is that she got BAPTIZED!!!! The Sunday after. And it was really beautiful. The room was full of people supporting her. She's been listening to the missionaries for a while now, her husband is less active. Hadn't gotten baptized yet because they weren't married. She was emotional after when she gave her testimony, said that she knew this is the true church, and that she wants to be sealed with her husband and baby for eternity. Her non-member parents came to the baptism and were crying as well, it was really emotional and something I won't forget! We are excited to keep working with their family so that they can get to the temple! 

Dulce's baptism- her husband is on the left
I absolutely loved general women's conference. As a missionary I just feel like I soak up every message and the conference flew by as if it were only 5 minutes. Got me really excited for this next weekend when we will watch general conference!!!  I feel like the messages the women gave us this past Saturday were so specific for our generation, i know they are inspired by God what they should say and how they should say it. 

I've been learning a lot and having a lot of great experiences but I'm struggling to put them into words right now...that's the mission in a nut shell ha. I've made a lot of changes on the mission but still have lots to work on. I'm really really thankful for the opportunity to have this calling. We are truly set apart from the world and its a beautiful feeling. I'm overwhelmed by how much Heavenly Father watches over all his children and knows whats best for each one of them. I know I needed this experience to help me be a better person. I will keep working hard until the end.

I so appreciate the emails I get from everyone encouraging me. I've been very blessed. Until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment